TERMS OF WEBSITE AND ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This policy is effective from 23rd September 2016
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Terms of website use
Please ensure you have read and understood this policy. It is important that you understand that you are required to continue to honour and be bound by this policy and the provisions contained herein even after termination or natural conclusion of your account. We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference.
If you do not agree to this policy, you must not use our site.
Other applicable terms
Information about us
Christian Publishing & Outreach Ltd (CPO), Garcia Estate, Canterbury Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 1BW is the nominated Print Partner for the Chichester Resources Centre. CPO operate the servers, website, customer service (telephone, email and postal), order taking, processing, delivery and all related administration.
Christian Publishing & Outreach is registered charity (Charity Number 221462) and a limited company registered in England & Wales (Company Number 588731) VAT number: GB 860 2193 41. CPO are registered with the Information Commissioner, registration number Z9128713.
Your purchase through Chichester Resource Centre will appear on your credit card/bank statement as Christian Publishing and Outreach (CPO).
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content, products and prices at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Every effort is made to keep this site and any associated support up and running smoothly. However, we do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available, uninterrupted or that support will be available. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Your account and password
You will choose a user password as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user password, you must promptly notify us on 0121 796 6990 or via firstname.lastname@example.org, and change your password.
Intellectual property rights
Save where you have entered information and created any rights we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Information we provide and no reliance on information
Information we provide may include, but is not limited to, help files, hints and tips, user support, fees structure, legal information, alerts announcements and news articles and may be in any format. Format includes, but is not limited to text, images, photographs, audio, video and may be delivered by multiple mediums including, but not limited to the soul[food] site, an associated web site, face to face, telephone or email
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
User contributed information
The information you contribute must be up to date and correct at the time of contribution and you must keep it up to date and correct as required by the 4th principle of the Data Protection Act 1998.
You will remain Data Controller for the information you contribute although we may also be Data Controllers jointly or in common. Please note that you should also be registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office where you process personal data.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site. or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in this policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you may be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered confidential but may be used or distributed to third parties as set out in this policy.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
We have the right to remove any information or posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in this policy
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our web site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out this policy.
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. The inclusion of any links to other web sites does not imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed on those web sites. You follow such links entirely at your own risk.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm people, especially minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Save as set out in this policy not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of this policy.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site.
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored.
- any software used in the provision of our site. or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (“contributions”) including customisation of resources requests, and to any interactive services associated with our site.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person, organisation, company or entity.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- If appropriate, legal proceedings against you for costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or are required, including but not limited to any law or court.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Please note that this policy, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
You can contact us by phone or email.
Phone: 01273 041368